Saturday, September 25, 2010

The melting pot!!!

Oh my god! Last night my boyfriend, my sister, my brother in law, and me all went to eat at The Melting Pot. Its a fondue restaurant in Delmar on the Loop. They cook everything up right at your table in the fondue pot,and you just dip it and eat it. It was my first time ever going and it was amazing! For those of you who haven't gone here's a little about it: Your food comes out in courses the 1st course is the cheese fondue. You pick between 6 different cheeses ranging from: jalapeno cheese, swiss cheese, wisconsin trio. We got the the Wisconsin trio which was three different cheeses, white wine, scallions, and some other stuff.They give veggies, white/rye bread, and apples to dip in the cheese. I loved it, even the apples and cheese was good. The second course you pick between different meats/poultry. They have like eight different combinations to pick from, but you can get steak, lobster, duck, chicken, sausage, fillet minion, and shrimp. With this course they also bring out veggies,dips and sauces. Then they bring you out your choice of broth and you just cook your own meats, poultry, and veggie, right there! Then the last course and my favorite course was the dessert! There's about eight different chocolate fondues to pick from. They have white chocolate, dark chocolate, smores, ying yang(white chocolate and milk chocolate mix). With this they bring you cheesecake, rice krispies, bananas, strawberries, pound cake, and brownies. It was the best dessert I've had! Seriously! I told my boyfriend that next time we go all we need to get is the cheese fondue and the dessert! I will definitely be going back!Soon! Its a little bit pricey(your going to at least spend $100) but your paying for the experience, and its well worth it!

http://www.meltingpot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment