Thursday, September 2, 2010

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

This movie is by far one of my favorites! I'm sure there's a lot of people that have seen it, but I'm sure there's a lot who haven't. The premise of the movie is that there is a doctor who does a procedure that erases memories, usually painful(break-ups)or disturbing ones. I can't really go into detail without ruining it. Its a different take on a love story, and that's why I love it. I would classify it as an Indie film, definitely a film with cult following.

So, if given the chance, would you erase someone from your memory? While this procedure doesn't against, if it did, I wouldn't do it. I believe that past relationships help you learn and grow. Sometimes you wouldn't be at the place you are if you hadn't experienced what you did, be it good or bad. I'd never want to forget everything about that person, because at one time you did love and care for each other and that's all that should matter. People move on, things happen for a reason. By the way, the soundtrack for this movie is awesome!

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot,The world forgetting,by the world forgot,Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind,Each pray'r accept'd and each wish resign'd"-Alexander Pope-Eloisa to Abelard

http://www.imdb.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment